Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sailing In Paris!




One of the companies I have the privilege of representing at work is an amazing French boat builder named Beneteau. During the first few days of December each year Beneteau USA takes it's award winners on a trip to the Paris Boat Show and then on down to the Atlantic coast to see all of the factories and learn about what's new. During my last Beneteau related trip to Paris (in the sunshine of June) I saw the sailboat dealership of my dreams in the park fountain very close to the Lourve Museum. This dealer moors all of his stock sailboat inventory on his cart each night and returns each morning to rent out his fleet to parents and kids from all over the world. I suppose he's technically more in the sailboat charter business than in sales. I can only wish i had his small inventory during this crazy economy! But...before I complain too much, I must tell you...I am once again sitting in my hotel room in St. Germain, very near the Notre Dame Cathedral and having just walked all around town in the light rain of December. It feels very much like Seattle weather but the lunch we just finished was out of this world. I LOVE Paris! We'll send you some photos from the boat show over the next few days. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy a little armchair sailing with these pictures from Paris. Click on them and they enlarge!

No comments:

Post a Comment